Where do i post???

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Where do i post???

Postby CopperBoltwire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:11 am

I have a request to update a rather old-ish mod from 2018, not really wish to just bump/necro a OLD thread, where should i post the "Update Request" thread for the mod???
I'm initial guess would be the "Gameplay Mods" but I like to be certain before i do anything...
CopperBoltwire

Re: Where do i post???

Postby Rachael » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:45 am

Is the update your own work?

And does the mod in question grant permissions for you to do the update? (Or, have you obtained such permission from the author?)

If both of these are yes, then it goes in the same subforum as the original mod, in a new thread.

If you are REQUESTING an update - then it depends on exactly what the request is. "Any updates?" - means you post nothing. (Those get shuffled off to the necrobump megathread) - If you have actual feedback, like specific things that could use an update - then you post in the mod's thread directly (regardless of bumping).
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby CopperBoltwire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:01 am

Then i guess Bumping is the only option in this case.
Time to revive a 5 year old thread then, cause the mod was made by Cutmanmike originally, altered & updated by The Zombie Killer and left to fade way at this point.

The mod in question is "10x Universal - Spawn Queue"

Unless you think my request to update and expand on the mod is requireing a new thread.

I want to ask about adding a Blacklist to the mod, as it is now, it's a little tooo good at what it does, lol
For instance, Zan made a game called Hedon and it's pretty fun, BUT, 10x mod is a little to effective, and it duplicates some of the "Boss" entities that should NOT be duplicated, and thus it breaks certain scripts of the game, i need the 10x mod to have a blacklist so i can play the game with 10x for the sake of a slaughterfest, while also not breaking the game.

I have a more detailed request lined up in a .txt file i'll copy here to make the 10x mod actually worth useing, but right now, it's a bland experience in most cases or not possible to use at all...

There, now you know :D
CopperBoltwire

Postby Rachael » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:07 am

I think that's fine. But I am not the only one who makes such decisions.

The only time you make a new thread in a projects forum (like Gameplay mods) is if you either have a WIP or completed mod, with a downloadable or screenshots, or both. You do *not* make new threads in that forum to ask questions.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to General