Some contents I made for DECORATE practice

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Some contents I made for DECORATE practice

Postby Kil-Bii » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Recently I got interested in Doom modding, so I'm reading DECORATE references from ZDoom wiki and practicing.

This is what I made for practice.

DECORATE-요격미사일.png

1. Interceptable Rocket
Rockets which can be shoot and destroyed on air. Otherwise, they can intercept enemy projectiles with their solidity.
I tested it in-game, but it was not that efficient because they block player's movement due to their solidity. I realized why there weren't interceptable projectiles in earlier MODs.

DECORATE-재사용미사일.png

2. Reusable Rocket
Eco-friendly rockets which drop on the floor after explode and can be picked up.
If you fight against enemy who uses rockets like Cyberdemon, you can get rockets more than you had before battle.

DECORATE-생체미사일.png

3. Living Rocket (or ghost rocket)
Rockets which move by themselves and attack their enemies at will.
Actually, they are just rocket-skinned Lost Souls.

4. Blinking Imp
As their name suggests, this imps blink. Their blink ability is different with Doom's basic teleport system - when they decide to blink, they hide their form, and fasten themselves, and wander around with white trails. After they blink enough times, they reveal their form again and restart attacking Doomguy.
Their blinking pattern is motivated by Komato Assassins of Iji.

If I get trained in Doom modding enough, I want to make KOF Mai weapons and player class.

This is the first time when I post something on this forum, so I didn't understand well about atmosphere.
Can I post this on General category? If I can't, please notice it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kil-Bii

Discord: Kil-Bii

Re: Some contents I made for DECORATE practice

Postby ramon.dexter » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:00 am

Pretty neat hacks.
But one thing to note, which would make problems: If you want to make the rocket drop nothing, make the dropitem parameter empty. Putting in non-existent actor name would make a lot of problems, if you would tranfer this code for zscript. Just make it 'Dropitem ""' and dont fill the quotation marks.
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Some contents I made for DECORATE practice

Postby Kil-Bii » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:24 am

Thank you for advice. I found drop item was wrongly written(rokcetammo) right after I took screenshot of it.
Kil-Bii

Discord: Kil-Bii

Return to General