Need help with compiling some sprites

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
TenenteZashu
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Need help with compiling some sprites

Post by TenenteZashu »

I'm working on a small project for some friends and I, we wanted to use Hexen's centaur sprites for the pinky demon, when I extracted the centaur sprites I noticed they're more than the pinky uses.
Does anyone know a work-around this issue or maybe knows somewhere where I could find some centaur sprites (doesn't have to be the one from Hexen) that I could put in place of the pinky demon?
Enjay

Re: Need help with compiling some sprites

Post by Enjay »

One thing you could do is replace the pinky with the centaur using a little bit of DECORATE.

A simple DECORATE lump like this would do it:

Code: Select all

ACTOR PinkyCentaur : Centaur replaces Demon
{}
You'd have to provide the sound files too (using their original Hexen names) and you might have to add SNDINFO entries for them - I forget. Some enemies have their SNDINFO entries in gzdoom.pk3 but I'm not sure if Hexen ones do because Hexen has its own SNDINFO. Also make sure that your sprites are PNGs (or in the Doom palette) otherwise they will look messed up in Doom.

[edit]
I just had a quick look inside the files. I think you will need this for your SNDINFO

Code: Select all

CentaurSight            taur1
CentaurActive           taur2
CentaurPain             taur4
CentaurAttack           centhit2
CentaurDeath            cntdth1
CentaurLeaderAttack     cntshld4
CentaurMissileExplode   impact3
and, obviously, all the above referenced sounds in your file (though some only get used by the centaur leader).
[/edit]
TenenteZashu
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Need help with compiling some sprites

Post by TenenteZashu »

Thanks mate, that pretty much solved it, I used the DECORATE file you suggested and then I grabbed some stuff from a mod that adds Hexen monsters to Doom.

Return to “General”