A mod where enemies can die from earlier damage

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

A mod where enemies can die from earlier damage

Postby Doug82 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:34 pm

I enjoyed Hideous Destructor's "damage a monster without killing it and it can still die from blood loss\previous damage shortly afterwards" mechanic. Is there a mod that can add this to a game? HD is a bit more than I can chew but would love to be able to have a "bleed out" damage system like that for enemies. Is something like that available? Thank you.
Doug82

Re: A mod where enemies can die from earlier damage

Postby Jarewill » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:16 pm

Here's a small mod that does that.
It adds to a special counter how much the monster was damaged and every half a second it will damage the monster for 1 damage until the counter is drained.
So if you hit a monster for 10 damage, it will take 10 more damage over the span of 5 seconds.

You will probably have to tweak the mod to your liking, as I really just made it in 5 minutes without much balancing.
I tried to leave comments describing functions in the code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jarewill

Re: A mod where enemies can die from earlier damage

Postby Doug82 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi Jarewill, I just tried your mod in doom 2 vanilla and it works great! Some bleed out from earlier hits, some don't. Just what I was hoping for. My coding knowledge is *very* limited but I opened it up in slade and with your comments its easy to understand for me. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that chunk of code. Cheers!
Doug82

Return to General