When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodmod.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodmod.

Postby Graaicko » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:00 am

So Back when I started working on Shadow Elite. I implemented a pretty dumbed down version of Brutal Dooms Blood system. (Pooling effect, blood decals and squirt effect). I believe there is a much simpler system out there similar to Blade of Agony. I guess I am just tired of seeing floor decals floating halfway on the stairs and floating decals in 3d water sectors. I'm just curious what does everybody prefer to use blood effect-wise? I know BOA's is pretty simple and looks decent for what it is, and I'd be willing to use that instead of what I have now. The thing is I am creating dynamic "advanced" (if you even want to call it that) maps with plenty of 3d sectors and floors. So the effect proves... unrealistic looking when you wax an enemy near a ledge or on the stair or god forbid in an under water sector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graaicko
I don't take requests, don't ask.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodm

Postby Drake Raider » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 pm

I typically use NashGore, but I never do so without replacing every decal and sprite with new ones created from Doom's native sprites, because not having a consistent art-style bugs me to no end. That said, when testing maps, I just use SmoothDoom, which has no such effects.
Drake Raider
I seem to keep alot of my work to myself....

Re: When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodm

Postby TommyGalano5 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:14 pm

How about Accensus Universal GiB that's is still alive and well, don't know much about decals and sprite but that for me is good and is not very system heavy
TommyGalano5
"If you can find me then you're the next Holmes"

Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Return to General