When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodmod.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Graaicko
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodmod.

Post by Graaicko »

So Back when I started working on Shadow Elite. I implemented a pretty dumbed down version of Brutal Dooms Blood system. (Pooling effect, blood decals and squirt effect). I believe there is a much simpler system out there similar to Blade of Agony. I guess I am just tired of seeing floor decals floating halfway on the stairs and floating decals in 3d water sectors. I'm just curious what does everybody prefer to use blood effect-wise? I know BOA's is pretty simple and looks decent for what it is, and I'd be willing to use that instead of what I have now. The thing is I am creating dynamic "advanced" (if you even want to call it that) maps with plenty of 3d sectors and floors. So the effect proves... unrealistic looking when you wax an enemy near a ledge or on the stair or god forbid in an under water sector.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Drake Raider

Re: When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodm

Post by Drake Raider »

I typically use NashGore, but I never do so without replacing every decal and sprite with new ones created from Doom's native sprites, because not having a consistent art-style bugs me to no end. That said, when testing maps, I just use SmoothDoom, which has no such effects.
TommyGalano5
Discord: TommyGalano5#8257
Github ID: TommyG5#75706295
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: When you're bored of a dumbed-down version of BDs Bloodm

Post by TommyGalano5 »

How about Accensus Universal GiB that's is still alive and well, don't know much about decals and sprite but that for me is good and is not very system heavy

Return to “General”