MSX or Malice?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

MSX or Malice?

Post by Guest »

Hello, I wanted to hear from you guys on which mod is better to play with. I’ve gone through the best mods according to Zdoom and MSX looked great, but when I went searching through the newer topics in the mod threads, I found Malice. Both have the same “modern day shooter mixed with classic shooter” vibes, but I’m not sure which one would be “best.”

Would it be possible to give a quick rundown on the differences between them and suggestions on which one to download? I’m tying mods and maps together to make specific experiences so my doom playthroughs never get dull.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: MSX or Malice?

Post by Redneckerz »

Lydia Dangerdeg wrote:Hello, I wanted to hear from you guys on which mod is better to play with. I’ve gone through the best mods according to Zdoom and MSX looked great, but when I went searching through the newer topics in the mod threads, I found Malice. Both have the same “modern day shooter mixed with classic shooter” vibes, but I’m not sure which one would be “best.”

Would it be possible to give a quick rundown on the differences between them and suggestions on which one to download? I’m tying mods and maps together to make specific experiences so my doom playthroughs never get dull.
Why not try both of them out and make the decision yourself? Unless you operate on a internet line from the Stone Age, downloading shouldn't be a issue.

MSX is more of a sci-fi styled mod, that much i know. Nothing about Malice though, besides the Quake total conversion.

Return to “General”