Weapons won't stop firing when I load a game

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Weapons won't stop firing when I load a game

Postby Nigel Chockleworth » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Hey all, I've encountered an unusual problem that I can't find any info about online.

In slade, when I test my pk3 the menu screen immediately appears without pressing any buttons. That's the only problem with it when I'm using slade.

Creating a single player game with Doomseeker causes all of my weapons to constantly fire and even switching out of them doesn't make it stop, they just continuously fire until all I can do is punch things. This has never happened to me before.
Nigel Chockleworth

Re: Weapons won't stop firing when I load a game

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Check if there are any stuck keys or buttons on any input devices connected to your machine - keyboards, mice, game controllers, anything of that sort. If you have a joystick with a throttle, try moving the throttle to see if it stops the shooting.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Re: Weapons won't stop firing when I load a game

Postby CPLJigsore » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Nigel Chockleworth wrote:Hey all, I've encountered an unusual problem that I can't find any info about online.

In slade, when I test my pk3 the menu screen immediately appears without pressing any buttons. That's the only problem with it when I'm using slade.

Creating a single player game with Doomseeker causes all of my weapons to constantly fire and even switching out of them doesn't make it stop, they just continuously fire until all I can do is punch things. This has never happened to me before.

This is me, just forgot to sign in when i posted it.

Anyway it ended up being a USB SNES controller that was plugged in. Weird though since none of the buttons are stuck. Anyway thank you for making me realize this.
CPLJigsore

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Return to General