Dual Analogue control (in console Classic Doom style)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Hidden Hands

Dual Analogue control (in console Classic Doom style)

Post by Hidden Hands »

Is it possible to set up a controller (like a ps4 or ps3 controller) to work with GZDOOM mods, but in a style that matches that of the console ports of classic DOOM ish? For example:

Left analog, move forward, back, strafe left, strafe right,
Right analog, turn left, right, look up and look down.

The standard. Is this possible? I mean I've seen that the XBOX Original Doom port matches great on a vanilla Doom, so surely a modernized version is available for pc? With look up and down included?

Thanks in advance.
Hidden Hands

Re: Dual Analogue control (in console Classic Doom style)

Post by Hidden Hands »

I'd like to also add that when I set up the Dual Shock 4, the camera is constantly spinning and looking up at the ceiling. It's horrible. Please can someone fix it.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Hidden Hands wrote:Is it possible to set up a controller (like a ps4 or ps3 controller) to work with GZDOOM mods, but in a style that matches that of the console ports of classic DOOM ish? For example:

Left analog, move forward, back, strafe left, strafe right,
Right analog, turn left, right, look up and look down.

The standard. Is this possible? I mean I've seen that the XBOX Original Doom port matches great on a vanilla Doom, so surely a modernized version is available for pc? With look up and down included?

Thanks in advance.
This should be the default control scheme when enabling a modern dual-stick controller in GZDoom. If it isn't, you can set what each axis of each stick does seperately to fit your needs.
Hidden Hands wrote:I'd like to also add that when I set up the Dual Shock 4, the camera is constantly spinning and looking up at the ceiling. It's horrible. Please can someone fix it.
Increase the "dead zone" setting of each stick axis a couple of notches, then check if it still happens when you're not touching the sticks. Rinse and repeat until it stops happening.
okbuddy

Post by okbuddy »

When using a dual shock 4 you have to turn one of the axes all the way down. I forget which one it is off hand but I remember having the same problem. It isn't an engine bug but maybe GZDoom not knowing what to do with the gyro sensors or something. With your ds4 on just turn down one axis and see if it stops. If it doesn't put it back and try the next one.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

okbuddy wrote:When using a dual shock 4 you have to turn one of the axes all the way down. I forget which one it is off hand but I remember having the same problem. It isn't an engine bug but maybe GZDoom not knowing what to do with the gyro sensors or something. With your ds4 on just turn down one axis and see if it stops. If it doesn't put it back and try the next one.
This fixed it. NICE ONE EVERYONE thank you so much.

Return to “General”