Pistol Start After Death

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
DovahClown

Pistol Start After Death

Post by DovahClown »

How would I go about doing a pistol start after death instead of reloading from last save?
Rowsol

Re: Pistol Start After Death

Post by Rowsol »

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61079#p1060800
DovahClown

Post by DovahClown »

I only want Pistol start after death not for every map. If I have a shotgun, I want to keep it when I advance to next level and only lose the shotgun if I die. Essentially I want the map to restart after death instead of loading the last save.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

oops, sorry about that. if you turn off autosaves won't you start at the beginning of the level without any gear?
yeah, I just checked it and it works. go to misc options and turn off autosaves.
DovahClown

Post by DovahClown »

Rowsol wrote:oops, sorry about that. if you turn off autosaves won't you start at the beginning of the level without any gear?
yeah, I just checked it and it works. go to misc options and turn off autosaves.
Yeah it seems to but as soon as you make a save of any kind the game will reload from there. So, if I do a manual save in E1M1 and then die in E1M4 it will take me back to the save in E1M1 despite dying in E1M4. Is there any better option?

Return to “General”