Utilizing Parsec and GZDoom 3d modes (SBS mainly) VR exper.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
tmachovec
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Utilizing Parsec and GZDoom 3d modes (SBS mainly) VR exper.

Post by tmachovec »

Since im cheap and like to use whats already onhand, I think this a good way to play doom in a new 3d experience. Parsec is a game/desktop streaming app thats free for your pc as the server and the mobile app for Android is free also. Just install and setup is easy and you can connect and have your desktop on your mobile. not very useful until you start up GZdoom and then go to settings and pick vr display then sbs mode.[narrow or wide] I used wide. A inexpensive headset to put your phone in cardboard will work fine, is all thats needed.

As soon as i can get a bluetooth controller or usb c otg adapter ill be able to use the delta touch vr that way with gzdoom on the phone. and no need for the pc stream. Maybe this is old news but if anyone wants to try a cool 3d gameplay experince without trinus or steamvr etc forcing you to use their software and by new hardware for a 25 year old game. i use a gtx 950 which is fine for doom. im sure newer cards only make things that much better. I did notice when vulkan is enabled the sbs mode quit workiing and setting the FOV from 90 to 120 helped alot. "fov 120" in the console is all thats needed to change that. Everyone is different so different settings may work better. I just wanted to share my experiences with this, Head tracking would be cool for the pc stream setup but that already in place on mobile vr doom ports.

Return to “General”