Information of the GADoom source port

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Information of the GADoom source port

Postby Redneckerz » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:33 am

Disclaimer:
After approaching both Enjay and Gez regarding information for this, i now turn to the public for the following:

You may or may not have been aware of my little documentation project i have been working on - and to good results. You can find that here.

This research thread is in regards to a port mostly known to ZDoom - GADoom. It was in development during November-December 2003 as a ZDoom source port. Its developer, GameArena (Sadly last login over a year ago) was experimenting with sprite based particles and more.

Ive managed to find 3 threads related to this and 5 posts, based on various versions:
version 1.0.0.3b release post, seems to be the latest version
version 1.0.0.3 release post
version 1.0.0.2 release thread
version 1.0.0.1 release thread
Original version release thread, i assume version 1.0.0.0

They all link to an URL that archive.org does not have archived (Sadly).
By April 2004, GameArena seemed to have stopped his work, so it was a shortlived port. No source, as it seems either. However, it is an important port to archive, because it was a clear distinguishment of ZDoom back then. As such, its historically significant and relevant.

My question:
Is there any member of the community that by sheer luck has any zip or archive or source code in possession related to GADoom?

In all due advance,
Red.

PS:
I realize that this is a rather off-chance possibility that anyone still may have these. If the resources can be considered lost, then i can always make an entry without these archives. Consider this request more one of providing completeness of the story than a standalone request.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Return to General