Sigil on ZDoomDos is not working.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Memes4LyfeLives

Sigil on ZDoomDos is not working.

Post by Memes4LyfeLives »

Yes. I know i am using an outdated source port, but i just want to for the lulz.

So, whenever i start zdoomdos normally, it just works. But when i load sigil, it just freezes on the load screen. I think it has something to do with dos not being compatible with an additional episode.

The reason i am using zdoom on dos is because i thought "hey. Its probably just like GZDoom, with less features. It could run sigil".

but whenever i load sigil, i get stuck at the zdoom loading screen.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Sigil on ZDoomDos is not working.

Post by wildweasel »

Seem to recall there's a vanilla version of Sigil where it replaces Episode 3 - you might try using that one instead.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Of course, the main wad uses MAPINFO. Also there are other DOS ports, ZDoom had no music in DOS.
Memes4LyfeLives

Post by Memes4LyfeLives »

wildweasel wrote:Seem to recall there's a vanilla version of Sigil where it replaces Episode 3 - you might try using that one instead.
i know all about the COMPAT wad. a little bit after i first posted this, i found a sigil EXE file for dos on doomworld.
you can find it here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... nt-1994456
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Memes4LyfeLives wrote: The reason i am using zdoom on dos is because i thought "hey. Its probably just like GZDoom, with less features. It could run sigil".
Well, it's *just* 20 years old! :P
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

That's not a source port but a hacked Doom+ exe AFAIK. That guy gave me some hints to support SIGIL in RUDE but i took it from Crispy and then i fixed MP when i added support in the setup tool. If you're on win98 you could try RUDE from the command line but i'm not sure if it still runs on 98 (it should). I don't think there's any good port with native SIGIL support for DOS.

Return to “General”