Hexen, teleporting to another map

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Hexen, teleporting to another map

Post by Blackgrowl »

Hi, I made this mistake where I didn't get to the first hub level's secret level, yet I did get to the second hub's secret level.
I've seen a walkthrough mentioning how you can't access the 3rd secret if you haven't done both of these two, so yeah...

I was thinking "changemap" would do but all it does is keep the items, meanwhile all my progress is gone, so it's for nothing.

Is there some cheat command or the like that makes me "Teleport" to that map while keeping all the current progress in every hub and the like?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Hexen, teleporting to another map

Post by Graf Zahl »

No. Since the map is in another hub you'll lose all progress when teleporting there from the second hub - which is essentially what 'changemap' does.

There's an easier solution to get to the third secret map, though. When you enter the map with the hidden exit (the Forsaken Outpost) type 'puke 8' at the console, that will simulate the action you will trigger on the first secret map. But ultimately there's nothing special to be found on the map - it's yet another slightly annoying puzzle map without any big reward at the end.

If you do not want to cheat you could also play it separately afterward. Like I said, nothing you'll do there will affect the game either negatively or positively.
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Blackgrowl »

Graf Zahl wrote:When you enter the map with the hidden exit (the Forsaken Outpost) type 'puke 8' at the console
This should help, I must try it, thanks.

On another note, what is the "puke" command? A short, console variant command of this command?; https://zdoom.org/wiki/RequestScriptPuke
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Blackgrowl wrote:On another note, what is the "puke" command? A short, console variant command of this command?; https://zdoom.org/wiki/RequestScriptPuke
The "puke" command executes a script from the console - the full function would be "puke [script_number]". There's also "pukename", which is the equivalent of "puke" for named scripts.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

And for historical context, the name comes from the original Hexen cheat code to start a script, that's why it's such a weird name.

Return to “General”