How to load wolf 3d into gzdoom?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Gamerwarrior117

How to load wolf 3d into gzdoom?

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

Hey, i was wondering if there is way to load wolf3d into gzdoom? i know there is tc mod for Gzdoom, but how do i load that one in? any other mdos for wolf 3d to put into gzdoom that are out there?

Also, i know this not the place for Doom 3, but what does "error code #1625 system forbid policy" mean when after entering the cd key before installation?

Thank you.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: How to load wolf 3d into gzdoom?

Post by Rachael »

Your post made it through, there's no need to post it twice. If you're unsure, simply check your email. Also keep in mind that we don't have moderators 24/7 so there may sometimes be a delay in accepting your posts.
Gamerwarrior117

Rachael wrote:Your post made it through, there's no need to post it twice. If you're unsure, simply check your email. Also keep in mind that we don't have moderators 24/7 so there may sometimes be a delay in accepting your posts.
i keep that in mind for sure, thank you.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

No way, to play Wolf3D with an advanced port there's ECWolf: viewtopic.php?f=231&t=32910
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You might need to run the Doom 3 installer as an administrator to get past the error you're getting.
Gamerwarrior117

drfrag wrote:No way, to play Wolf3D with an advanced port there's ECWolf: viewtopic.php?f=231&t=32910
is Ecwolf still being updated?
Gamerwarrior117

wildweasel wrote:You might need to run the Doom 3 installer as an administrator to get past the error you're getting.
can that work? have yu done that before?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote: is Ecwolf still being updated?
Yes, but the author has real life and a job etc. And it's also kind of a one-man show, not enough people helping him. So updates are a bit slow.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:You might need to run the Doom 3 installer as an administrator to get past the error you're getting.
Any time you get access denied or system policy errors, it's Windows Security attempting to protect your computer. Running as administrator confirms that you want to make the changes to your system that it wants to make - so yes, it can, and usually will work.
Gamerwarrior117

Rachael wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:
Any time you get access denied or system policy errors, it's Windows Security attempting to protect your computer. Running as administrator confirms that you want to make the changes to your system that it wants to make - so yes, it can, and usually will work.
i give it a shot and i let you know when i do it.
Gamerwarrior117

Rachael wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote: is Ecwolf still being updated?
Yes, but the author has real life and a job etc. And it's also kind of a one-man show, not enough people helping him. So updates are a bit slow.
does it run pretty well compared to other source ports for wolf 3d?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:does it run pretty well compared to other source ports for wolf 3d?
I really don't know. I've never used them. I only use ECWolf. But considering ECWolf borrows so much code from ZDoom, it does what I expect it to at the very least, and that's good enough for me.
Gamerwarrior117

Rachael wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:
i tried it and it didn't work unfortunately:(. still gives me the same message.
Gamerwarrior117

Rachael wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:does it run pretty well compared to other source ports for wolf 3d?
I really don't know. I've never used them. I only use ECWolf. But considering ECWolf borrows so much code from ZDoom, it does what I expect it to at the very least, and that's good enough for me.
i give Ecwolf a shot. sounds like its a good port.

Return to “General”