When Linetarget finds nothing.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ShadowTiger

When Linetarget finds nothing.

Post by ShadowTiger »

Heyo, wonderful people! I have a quick question, please.

Is there a console command similar to LineTarget or Info that will display a list of the actors in a 5 foot radius or something? I keep trying to use LineTarget or Info on an item that I see, but it keeps finding nothing. Am I doomed to a pixel-hunt, or is there a better way to find the name of an object that's right in front of me?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: When Linetarget finds nothing.

Post by NeuralStunner »

I believe it uses a regular trace (like a hitscan), so it can't detect anything that isn't solid/shootable.

You could try the info command instead: It works on most actors (including pickups) and gives a lot more information as well.
ShadowTiger

Post by ShadowTiger »

Thank you for the response! Sadly, I have indeed been alternating Linetarget and info interchangeably in the same context. Neither detects the object. As much as I enjoy the info that .. well .. Info dumps at my disposal, it seems to suffer from the same restrictions as Linetarget when it comes to selecting something that's supposedly in front of the angriest Doom guy ever.

The object in question is some sort of upgrade-box in that Project Brutality Russian Overkill mixture. Though I'm sure there are many similar situations dispersed among many PK3s.

Eh, there's always looking around the names in SLADE. Thank you though!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

You could bind 'info' to any key of your choice and then mash it while looking at the entity in question from different angles.

Return to “General”