SVE.wad

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
monstario

SVE.wad

Post by monstario »

So I have bought Strife: Veteran Edition from Steam, which comes with "SVE.wad" that enhances the regular edition. I tried loading it in GZDoom solo and also with "strife1.wad" and "voices.wad" both with "SVE.wad" as the first and last files, but I don't see any difference from normal edition. Does GZDoom not support it? Is there any point in using "SVE.wad"?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: SVE.wad

Post by Graf Zahl »

What do you expect to see?
The main difference is that a few mapping errors got fixed and that the single player campaign got extended by another level and an optional side mission, very late in the game.

The lightmaps are not supported by GZDoom.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Simple test to see if it works: in the console, type "summon SVEBlueChalice". If you see a blue chalice appear, then SVE is loaded.

A more involved test would be to go to a map with a known difference but that's not something I remember on the top of my head.
monstario

Post by monstario »

I expected a logo change or something like that, but the blue chalice indeed spawns only with SVE loaded. So it seems that works, thanks.

Return to “General”