GZDOOM or ZDOOM for the PSP

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Hidden Hands

GZDOOM or ZDOOM for the PSP

Post by Hidden Hands »

Okay I have a few Doom fan ports on my PSP that work sweet with the exception of music. But these onky run vanilla doom wads. I'm looking for a port of GZ or Z doom that runs on the PSP... is there such a thing or something similar at all? Might be a redundant question but have to ask.

Thanks in advance.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: GZDOOM or ZDOOM for the PSP

Post by MFG38 »

Unfortunately not as far as I know. I'm not even sure how much effort it'd take to port GZDoom to the system.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The PSP sadly isn't very powerful; I think the best you're likely to get for it is the Doom Legacy port.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Just out of curiosity, how well (if at all) would PSP Legacy run a custom wad made up of Decorate files and Game Info (etc.) files? Basically that incorporates custom Zdoom stuff.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hidden Hands wrote:Just out of curiosity, how well (if at all) would PSP Legacy run a custom wad made up of Decorate files and Game Info (etc.) files? Basically that incorporates custom Zdoom stuff.
If the Decorate is crucial to the game functioning at all, then you wouldn't have a good time. Doom Legacy predates Decorate.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Doom Legacy doesn't support any ZDoom feature at all - no Hexen map format, no UDMF, no definition lumps outside Dehacked (and that only with broken and incomplete BEX support, and so on, and so on) On top of that even the most recent releases haven't fixed ANY of the critical problems with the port. Best stay away from it as far as possible.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ok, sounds like it's not the most suitable. One more question though. When I did try to use it, it said "no IWAD available". What does that mean? I put the full games of DOOM, DOOM2, PLUTONIA and TNT all in the PWADS folder it came with? Why wont it work?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Hidden Hands wrote:Ok, sounds like it's not the most suitable. One more question though. When I did try to use it, it said "no IWAD available". What does that mean? I put the full games of DOOM, DOOM2, PLUTONIA and TNT all in the PWADS folder it came with? Why wont it work?
I imagine it's looking for the Doom.wad etc. in a folder other than "PWADs". Try moving them into the same folder as the EBOOT.PBP and see if it recognizes those.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Ah yes that worked thank you. There Is a weird bug... I played a vanilla mod (may have boom support not sure?) That has custom sounds. The sounds that are custom don't play at all with the exception of the elevator sound. What the hell?

Return to “General”