Doom 3 Mod?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
GenericGenericness

Doom 3 Mod?

Post by GenericGenericness »

Hello again,

So I am wondering if there is actually a Doom 3 mod for gzdoom? One that makes the gameplay mostly like that of doom 3 to any extent? I have looked around before and found images, and a view videos, but never really the actual wads or anything like that?
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom 3 Mod?

Post by MFG38 »

The closest you'll get to a Doom 3 mod that feels like Doom 3 is the tech demo for D3GZD. Even then, I'm inclined to doubt it works as intended in the newest versions of GZDoom, since that build is more than a decade old at this point.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I wonder, what are the peculiarities (is that even a word?) of Doom 3 gameplay? All I can think of is pitch-dark environments with monsters popping out of each and every closet (or spawning in). Other than that, it's fairly standard FPS gameplay, no?
Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

DBTHanatos made one years ago but, sadly, it only runs on a very specific old build of GZDoom. I remember it being quite fun, though. :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Cherno wrote:I wonder, what are the peculiarities (is that even a word?) of Doom 3 gameplay? All I can think of is pitch-dark environments with monsters popping out of each and every closet (or spawning in). Other than that, it's fairly standard FPS gameplay, no?
The finer points would include weapons that reload, unshared ammo types, hand grenades, BFG charging, and more advanced monster behavior.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

How could no one mention Revenge of Evil yet?

Return to “General”