What 8 Gameplay mods looks like on the same map

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ArkyonVeil

What 8 Gameplay mods looks like on the same map

Post by ArkyonVeil »

Greetings fine folks of the ZDoom forums. A few weeks ago I had an idea: What would it look like if I put 8 very different doom mod playthroughs side by side on the same map with as similar a challenge as possible. (And fair)

Featuring:

-ZDoom Community Map Project
-Russian Overkill
-Vanilla Doom
-Guncaster
-Combined Arms
-Abort_m / Ouch_m 2
-Doom Incarnate
-High Noon Drifter
-Heretical Doom

and Music from:

-Xeotroid Covers
-IDKFA by Andrew Hulshult
-The Dark Side of Phobos
-ZCMP Original Track by Lexus Alyus

Ladies and Gentlemen! I present to you the Magic of Doom Modding:

Links to the various mods and music in the description. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the musicians and the mod makers for their wonderful work.
Last edited by ArkyonVeil on Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
InsanityBringer

Re: What 8 Gameplay mods looks like on the same map

Post by InsanityBringer »

this is actually a really cool idea, though I'm probably a little biased since ZDCMP1 is one of my favorite maps of all time. I'm having a lot of fun watching how the gameplay varies for each of them.

Just to fill in some credits in the description, the ZDCMP main song was composed by Lexus Alyus specifically for the mapset.
ArkyonVeil

Re: What 8 Gameplay mods looks like on the same map

Post by ArkyonVeil »

InsanityBringer wrote:this is actually a really cool idea, though I'm probably a little biased since ZDCMP1 is one of my favorite maps of all time. I'm having a lot of fun watching how the gameplay varies for each of them.

Just to fill in some credits in the description, the ZDCMP main song was composed by Lexus Alyus specifically for the mapset.
Thank you. I've updated the description of the post and the video description itself. I did search his soundcloud but didn't find his music there so... I put it as unknown, its fixed now.

Its probably no accident that ZCMP is so good. Its a Mega wad in a 1 hour chunk. It has all the weapons neatly spread out, It has puzzles, it has good themes that evolve over time, It has tight corridors and large sprawling battlefields... Enough variety in general to explore the mods as well as they could of in a decent time frame.

Yeah it was hella fun to explore it with all the different mods.

Return to “General”