GZDoom localization development thread [Split]

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: GZDoom localization development thread [Split]

Postby theleo_ua » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi, Graf Zahl

Previously (in this thread or in this viewtopic.php?f=49&t=63737&start=495 thread) we discussed font scaling problem (unfortunately I cannot find direct posts to link/quote them) for 4:3 resolutions, and as I remember you said that this is in todo list, but a lot of time went from that moment, and as I understand, this should be fixed now

But - this is what I got in GZDoom 4.2.4 with 1280x960 for now: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... g9r0S6TcIV

Is it possible to scale menu size from red square to yellow square? If yes - which options or console commans should I use to scale this?

If no - is it still planned to be implemented? If no - should I create suggestion request for this, or this is not fixable anymore?
theleo_ua

Postby theleo_ua » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 am

Graf Zahl, Hi again

Both of google documents has empty green cells, meaning "still not translated". But - some of these cells are not translated intentionally. What do you think, if we will mark those cells with blue instead of green? Blue is just a random example, can be any color you want

Because for now it's hard to understand, which text is still not translated, but require translations
theleo_ua

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:30 am

Green means normally that translation is not needed because the text is identical with English. Red means "not translated" if it is single cells in the middle of the list.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby theleo_ua » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:59 am

Graf Zahl wrote:Green means normally that translation is not needed because the text is identical with English. Red means "not translated" if it is single cells in the middle of the list.

So when you add new strings to the doc, you always mark them in red?
theleo_ua

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 am

No, only if they are in the middle of other text. At the end of the list it isn't necessary because it's easy to find.
Graf Zahl

Previous

Return to General