What are your favorite DOOM 1/2 tracks? (Poll inside!)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

What are your favorite DOOM 1/2 tracks? (Poll inside!)

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'm just curious about what songs from the classic games y'all like best. (And a couple other things.)

Poll on Google Forms. Vote as many songs as you like.

And feel free to elaborate in this thread!
Caligari87
Admin

Re: What are your favorite DOOM 1/2 tracks? (Poll inside!)

Post by Caligari87 »

I'll be honest, I haven't listened to the music in a LONG LONG time, but I voted for Sign of Evil because it's the base of my favorite remix ever: Asphyxiated Soul

https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01865

(original version, I like the grungy under-produced sound over the newer cleaner one)

8-)
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

elguitarTom has pretty good Doom and Quake remixes , here are one of my favorites:
Unholy Cathedral

Deimos Lab

Those tracks are a perfect Doom Doom Metal \m/
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

From the very outset, I absolutely loved the Doom soundtrack. It was one of the first game soundtracks that I actually recorded (yup, on a tape) and listened to simply because I liked it (also great atmosphere for a role playing adventure I was running in the mid 90s).

While the Doom II soundtrack is still good, to me it was never as good overall as the Doom one and the difference was such that, initially, I was actually quite disappointed in the Doom II soundtrack.

Post by Guest »

I love Doom I and II soundtrack, with the exception of a couple of tracks such as Kitchen Ace and Taking Names, Dona to the Rescue, Countdown to Death, and In the Dark.

My most favorite tracks from Doom I are Sign of Evil, The Imp Song, Dark Halls, Walz fof the Demons, Demons on the Prey and Sinister. From Doom II, Opening to Hell, Getting too Tense, Running From Evil, Shawn's got the Shotgun, Evil Incarnate, and the Victory theme.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

So this is interesting... I usually play shooters with music off, but I've left it running during my Doom1 run (which is largely what prompted this whole thing). I had just gotten to E3M5, and its use of "Demons on the Prey" immediately made me more tense. (To be fair, the previous 4 maps didn't exactly put me at ease. :P )

It's neat how much of an effect the music can have on the level's overall feel. Duke 3D's second level, for example, seems a lot less good with such a drop in soundtrack coolness.

As far as the poll, "At Doom's Gate" is pulling ahead at 11 votes, while "Into Sandy's City" is also making a strong showing at 10. The rest of the Doom 2 soundtrack is scoring surprisingly low compared to 1's.

Return to “General”