Unload WAD after start/exclude from autoload?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
COLBudManstrong

Unload WAD after start/exclude from autoload?

Post by COLBudManstrong »

Hello all! Bit of an odd question, but I was curious if there was any way to unload a WAD/PK3, or remove it after loading up ZDoom. I'm assuming there isn't, as it seems to be that ZDoom compiles everything on initial start (At least, that's what I imagine is happening when the ZDoom dialog box appears upon launching the program).

My reasoning for wanting some functionality like this is that I autoload a few WADS for Doom/Doom II. Ex: crosshairs.wad, droplets.pk3, smootherweapons.wad, etc. Sometimes when I'm playing a custom map/TC though, I might not want something like the custom crosshairs or Smoother Weapons mod, which can interfere with the custom map/TC.

I figured if it was possible, it would be easier to unload/exclude one of my regular WADs for the few times I need to, vs. having to manually load those regular WADs every single time.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Unload WAD after start/exclude from autoload?

Post by Kinsie »

COLBudManstrong wrote:Hello all! Bit of an odd question, but I was curious if there was any way to unload a WAD/PK3, or remove it after loading up ZDoom. I'm assuming there isn't, as it seems to be that ZDoom compiles everything on initial start (At least, that's what I imagine is happening when the ZDoom dialog box appears upon launching the program).
You're assuming correctly.

Return to “General”