Pisticuffs - Hand to Claw Fighting

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
A-Bomb

Pisticuffs - Hand to Claw Fighting

Post by A-Bomb »

Just a little idea for a wad focused around hand to hand (or whatever your enemy has at its disposal...) combat. At the moment it's clunky and un-intuitive as I was holding myself to some restrictions while writing. It would be cool to design maps around predominantly melee driven traversal as well... Anywho, I'm probably not driven enough to take on such an endeavor but I thought I'd post this in hopes that someone else can use it as inspiration in their own project. If so, I'd sure appreciate a shout out and maybe even updates on your progress!

Note: the demo I provided is known to be compatible with GZDOOM 3.6.0. Zandronum does not play nice with GZDOOM's additional parameters in A_CustomPunch(); other than that, it would be fully compatible if I recall correctly.

Video:

Demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/weiz8ac24yvk4 ... t.wad?dl=0
Scuba Steve

Re: Pisticuffs - Hand to Claw Fighting

Post by Scuba Steve »

I really want to release a 2.0 Urban Brawl that works properly with gzdoom... But I'd also love to improve the combat in the game to be more dynamic. Problem is, I'm completely incapable of building it and have forgotten how to map. Something like this mod would fit well with a more robust melee combat system.
A-Bomb

Re: Pisticuffs - Hand to Claw Fighting

Post by A-Bomb »

An Urban Brawl update or successor would be amazing! The boss fight with Hugo the butcher comes to mind anytime Urban Brawl is mentioned; gosh that was such a good fight. Come to think of it, that whole level was freaking amazing- by far my favorite, and in my humble opinion, the height of Urban Brawl. If I could ever accumulate the drive and talent necessary to create something that captured just a fraction of the feeling you get when you play that level... man.

But yeah, I get it. It's tough to get back into something after having been out of it for so long. Me on the other hand, I can't finish a project to save my life!

Return to “General”