How can i play DOOM II master levels on gzdoom

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

How can i play DOOM II master levels on gzdoom

Post by Guest »

hi guys, i am not sure i posted in the right section of the forum
I quick searched the forum for my question and i found all sort of different results so please just a quick and easy answer from someone that knows How can i play DOOM II master levels on gzdoom?
Thank You

P.S. when i start gzdoom it only askes to choose doom 1 bfg edition or doom 2 bfg edition, it does not "see" my wolfenstein 3d , spear of destiny and master levels for doom 2 which are all installed in steam.
Also i could not find a custom option like "open map " or "open folder" or anything like this.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: How can i play DOOM II master levels on gzdoom

Post by Rachael »

There is no "quick easy answer" - GZDoom does not have inherent support for the master levels. You're going to have to get down and dirty with your game data and use a tool like Wadsmoosh to get them all into a single archive.

And no, you can't ask someone to do that for you. You're going to have to get your collections out of your steam folders, yourself. It's not that hard, though, if you just search it for "*.wad" and then copy every result into your Wadsmoosh data folder.

Return to “General”