Is there any alternative for Fraps?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Is there any alternative for Fraps?

Post by Caligari87 »

OBS can capture individual windows just fine, not just fullscreen or desktop. It's extremely flexible.

8-)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Reactor wrote:I hope Bandicam or OBS can do the same
Kinsie wrote:Personally, I use Bandicam where I can due to it handling windowed games nicely
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Something worth noting if you have a nvidia card and using OBS. An encoder option for OBS is available called "NVENC", which as far as I can tell, is the same encoder as Shadowplay. Give the encoder a high bitrate and go record.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

If you've got Windows 10 the Xbox gaming DVR whatever included should be decent enough for the recording of games. You can activate it with Win+Alt+R.
De-M-oN

Post by De-M-oN »

Reactor wrote:OBS or Bandicam can also work together with DOS games? I noticed that several recording software just gives up, when I tried to record fullscreen DosBox (Growler Gun Cam worked tho). And yes, I know DosBox has a built-in recorder, but its results are sometimes garbage.
If you use this one:
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

You dont get just by far more options, compared to that old 0.74, it also outputs to Direct3D, which can be captured easily.

I recommend OBS Studio with NVEnc:

https://abload.de/img/unbenannt560p9sml.png
Something worth noting if you have a nvidia card and using OBS. An encoder option for OBS is available called "NVENC", which as far as I can tell, is the same encoder as Shadowplay. Give the encoder a high bitrate and go record.
Correct. But never use bitrates. CQP is the way to go.
Only use bitrates if necessary. And thats just livestreams in regard capturing games
If you've got Windows 10 the Xbox gaming DVR whatever included should be decent enough for the recording of games.
not really.

Return to “General”