Is there any alternative for Fraps?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Re: Is there any alternative for Fraps?

Postby Caligari87 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 am

OBS can capture individual windows just fine, not just fullscreen or desktop. It's extremely flexible.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Kinsie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 am

Reactor wrote:I hope Bandicam or OBS can do the same
Kinsie wrote:Personally, I use Bandicam where I can due to it handling windowed games nicely
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Hellser » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Something worth noting if you have a nvidia card and using OBS. An encoder option for OBS is available called "NVENC", which as far as I can tell, is the same encoder as Shadowplay. Give the encoder a high bitrate and go record.
Hellser
Misdreavus used Psybeam!

Discord: Hellser#8156

Postby abbuw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 pm

If you've got Windows 10 the Xbox gaming DVR whatever included should be decent enough for the recording of games. You can activate it with Win+Alt+R.
abbuw
Contact your poison control center.

Postby De-M-oN » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Reactor wrote:OBS or Bandicam can also work together with DOS games? I noticed that several recording software just gives up, when I tried to record fullscreen DosBox (Growler Gun Cam worked tho). And yes, I know DosBox has a built-in recorder, but its results are sometimes garbage.

If you use this one:
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

You dont get just by far more options, compared to that old 0.74, it also outputs to Direct3D, which can be captured easily.

I recommend OBS Studio with NVEnc:

https://abload.de/img/unbenannt560p9sml.png

Something worth noting if you have a nvidia card and using OBS. An encoder option for OBS is available called "NVENC", which as far as I can tell, is the same encoder as Shadowplay. Give the encoder a high bitrate and go record.

Correct. But never use bitrates. CQP is the way to go.
Only use bitrates if necessary. And thats just livestreams in regard capturing games

If you've got Windows 10 the Xbox gaming DVR whatever included should be decent enough for the recording of games.

not really.
De-M-oN

Previous

Return to General