Do people still DM with monsters?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
invictius

Do people still DM with monsters?

Post by invictius »

Am playing some old wads and their texts specifically refers to "kill the monsters then each other" as opposed to altdeath? The major youtubers and servers on the various MP ports don't denote altdeath mods.
Zen3001

Re: Do people still DM with monsters?

Post by Zen3001 »

I do, it's much better than playing with bots. I don't have local friends to play with but even if I did, I don't we would find much time to play together.
Arctangent

Re: Do people still DM with monsters?

Post by Arctangent »

I don't think this was ever much a thing people actually played out of some specific friend groups. It also has exactly zero to do with -altdeath - oldschool deathmatch utilizes the standard -deathmatch style of play with Weapons Stay and no respawning items, whereas modern deathmatch is almost always based on the deathmatch modes of later games, with both Weapons Stay and respawning items. -altdeath is like an awkward middle stage between them, which does including respawning items, but also applies that to weapons, which ... doesn't exactly work out too well with how easy it makes snowballing.
Zen3001 wrote:I do, it's much better than playing with bots. I don't have local friends to play with but even if I did, I don't we would find much time to play together.
I get the feeling that you're talking about something else entirely.

Return to “General”