Good first megawad for someone I know with brain damage?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
invictius

Good first megawad for someone I know with brain damage?

Post by invictius »

Trying to find something other than iwads that could hold his interest while not being too challenging in some areas. Namely:

Difficulty with 2D maps representing a 2.5D environment, hard for him to notice somthing like a switch opening the door/exit on the far side of a map, though they can follow a street map out in the real world just fine. Using an arch-vile to jump and get something needed for progression would probably hinder him unless it was super obvious that it had to be done.

His progression in iwads:

Doom 2 up to map 8
TNT up to map 6
Doom on snes up to command center. Playing through wads myself I can see where the "make each map as complex as possible vs gradual progression like iwads" (especially zdoom ones) could make it difficult for him to find good mapsets except by random chance.

Hopefully this question isn't too specific? I tried some research by playing some wads but it's hard to look at them with a handicap in mind and I feel that a mapper would have a superior insight into all this.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Good first megawad for someone I know with brain damage?

Post by wildweasel »

Demonfear is a good simple one, the maps are rarely very large as tend to have simple layouts.
invictius

Re: Good first megawad for someone I know with brain damage?

Post by invictius »

wildweasel wrote:Demonfear is a good simple one, the maps are rarely very large as tend to have simple layouts.
Is there anything with zdoom features that would compare? (I'd like to present some of the features in order to blow them away - even if it's just something simple like a shiny marble floor) I think speedmaps might be a good idea too.

Return to “General”