Project Brutality Weapons

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Oakland Raiders

Project Brutality Weapons

Post by Oakland Raiders »

Is there anywhere I can download the weapons from PB? Thanks.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Project Brutality Weapons

Post by Kappes Buur »

When you download PB, all the weapons are included. :D

Oh wait, you mean that you want all weapons isolated in a separate file? No, nobody has done that yet. But, if you were to do this yourself, then this is the way it's done:

As a first step, there is a page on DoomWiki.org which lists the various weapons. In order to extract those weapons, load PB into Slade3 and follow the leads, namely the DECORATE weapons entries

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/EVM1Ypg[/imgur]

for example #include MINIGUN.txt and go through the MINIGUN decorate script to find all interconnected actors, sprites, sounds, etc. This becomes quickly a daunting task, as most lumps are strewn all over the place.

Some time ago I had done something like this with HERETIC's lavapot to import it into a DOOM map. Maybe this will help in your endeavour, should you undertake it.
Oakland Raiders

Post by Oakland Raiders »

Kappes Buur wrote:When you download PB, all the weapons are included. :D

Oh wait, you mean that you want all weapons isolated in a separate file? No, nobody has done that yet. But, if you were to do this yourself, then this is the way it's done:

As a first step, there is a page on DoomWiki.org which lists the various weapons. In order to extract those weapons, load PB into Slade3 and follow the leads, namely the DECORATE weapons entries

[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/EVM1Ypg[/imgur]

for example #include MINIGUN.txt and go through the MINIGUN decorate script to find all interconnected actors, sprites, sounds, etc. This becomes quickly a daunting task, as most lumps are strewn all over the place.

Some time ago I had done something like this with HERETIC's lavapot to import it into a DOOM map. Maybe this will help in your endeavour, should you undertake it.
If do it, if I had the skill (or knew what I was doing). Hopefully we get something like this in the future. Thanks.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

you really dont need to quote the one and only reply in the thread...

Return to “General”