Skulltag runes/spheres/powerups

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Skulltag runes/spheres/powerups

Post by Morgul »

Hi everyone
Is there a way to implement the Skulltag runes and powerups in a .wad, so they can randomly spawn where default Doom spheres and powerups are placed in the maps ?
Thank you
Gez

Re: Skulltag runes/spheres/powerups

Post by Gez »

Randomly replacing stuff calls for the use of a [wiki]RandomSpawner[/wiki].

Most effects are present in GZDoom, you could take a look at Dragonfly's Skulldash.
Morgul

Post by Morgul »

Gez wrote:Randomly replacing stuff calls for the use of a [wiki]RandomSpawner[/wiki].

Most effects are present in GZDoom, you could take a look at Dragonfly's Skulldash.
Sadly i'm pretty bad with modding, so i don't know if i can do it so by myself, is it hard to do ?
I only know mapping on DooM
And yes, Skulldash is AWESOME :D
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

Sorry if i came in too late, but i have all the runes and spheres in a PK3 file and the only thing left would be to make them sometimes spawn over Doom's vanilla stuff using a RandomSpawner, i can do this for you.
Morgul

Post by Morgul »

TDRR wrote:Sorry if i came in too late, but i have all the runes and spheres in a PK3 file and the only thing left would be to make them sometimes spawn over Doom's vanilla stuff using a RandomSpawner, i can do this for you.
That would be awesome, the Skulltag runes and spheres are so damn cool to use, and they change the game spice a little bit
Can i help in some way ?
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

No need to, but thanks, i already uploaded it and you can play with it by going here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=61167 and downloading both the mod itself and the addon called "Skulltag Powerups and Weapons for Doom 2" and you will have all of Skulltag's runes, spheres and weapons in Doom 2, the weapons are pretty uncommon so don't worry about those.

It also comes with the Deathmatch, Duel, LMS, CTF and ST maps from Skulltag plus some other neat stuff.
Morgul

Post by Morgul »

TDRR wrote:No need to, but thanks, i already uploaded it and you can play with it by going here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=61167 and downloading both the mod itself and the addon called "Skulltag Powerups and Weapons for Doom 2" and you will have all of Skulltag's runes, spheres and weapons in Doom 2, the weapons are pretty uncommon so don't worry about those.

It also comes with the Deathmatch, Duel, LMS, CTF and ST maps from Skulltag plus some other neat stuff.
Thank you very much for this, i'm trying how much compatible it is with other gameplay mods
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

As far as compatiblity goes, any mod that replaces the Skulltag weapons (such as BDv21) will work, if not, then you can delete the lines in the "DECORATE" file that replace the weapons, then it should work with most other mods.

Return to “General”