Complimentary mods for Colourful Doom

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
TheCeron

Complimentary mods for Colourful Doom

Post by TheCeron »

'Ey so I recently got into playing Hearts of Demons, and I didn't quite feel like I wanted Colourful Hell as my monster pack for it. However, I wanted to do a run with Colourful Hell using a different weapon pack. Would any of you have good suggestions for randomization mods, or other mods that make the game more unpredictable?

Things like shifting around enemy, weapon, and powerup spawns; I like Demon Counterstrike (I think that's the one that randomly teleports in enemies), but I was wondering if there were any suggestions for others that might go well with this? I'm also curious on any suggestions for maps to go with the Colourful Doom enemy mod. I'm running through the Sunder map pack on Hearts of Demons, so i'm looking for something different for the next go through.
4thcharacter

Re: Complimentary mods for Colourful Doom

Post by 4thcharacter »

DooMRL Arsenal
Legendoom or just LegendoomLite if you plan to use it with other weaponsets
Champions
Trailblazer
Russian Overkill
Final Doomer
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

High Noon Drifter, NecroDoom, and Weapons of Saturn also go great with Colorful Hell.
TheCeron

Post by TheCeron »

I appreciate the suggestions, but most of these are weapon packs. Final Doomer might be worth checking out, though what I'm really looking for is a combination of map packs and item location/spawn randomizers - sorta giving the game a more rogue like feel of sorts.

Most randomizers I've found seem too crazy, too hectic, or come with their own monster packs - which of course will conflict with me wanting to use the Colorful Hell monsters.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There's this thing called Oblige where it generates maps for you. I don't know about simple item replacers..
TheCeron

Post by TheCeron »

Hm, that's pretty interesting. If it can generate the level randomly like this that might be perfect; it won't interfere with colorful hell I assume?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It won't, oblige only creates maps like most megawads there.

Return to “General”