Level Names in jDui Repack (with GZDoom)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
PimpUigi

Level Names in jDui Repack (with GZDoom)

Post by PimpUigi »

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=49119

So as the jDui seems to be near perfectly working, I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to make the level names appear properly with the hi res font.
Spoiler:
As this screenshot shows, the level names that appear under the word "Entering" are still in plain low res font.
I looked through the jDui files and they appear to be correct (I could be wrong though as I'm inexperienced with zdoom, maybe there's a .txt file that should be somewhere to specify level names use external font); is this a limitation of zDoom?

Also wondering if I really need four different music packs with all duplicate .ogg tracks.
jDoom just needed definition files with one pack.
For now I've renamed the oggs to the appropriate tracks, but it's kinda ridiculous to have 1GB for music instead of just 256MB's for music.
PimpUigi

Re: Level Names in jDui Repack (with GZDoom)

Post by PimpUigi »

was just re-examining the pk3's and, in the jDoom oriented jDui, there's a file that explicitly writes out each levels name and defines the text that should go there for it.
There's no entries for the level names in the zDoom jDui's textures.txt (or Fontdefs.txt, nor do I know the jargon of which zdoom would need to put it there, but I think this is close to what I need to be doing)
PimpUigi

Re: Level Names in jDui Repack (with GZDoom)

Post by PimpUigi »

tl'dr I wasn't able to figure out how to solve this issue so I've stuck to jDoom.

Return to “General”