Looking for a Unreal/Turok-esque megaWAD

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
AtomicLugia

Looking for a Unreal/Turok-esque megaWAD

Post by AtomicLugia »

Hi there, like the title says, I'm looking for a megaWAD (means map pack, am I right?) that has maps like Unreal (not the same exact maps!) from the looks and theme. I'm speaking about maps that are like old temples or castles and natural landscapes, while not containing custom monsters and weapons (because I want to blast through these maps with my own weapons & monsters).

Here's a playthrough of said game.

I know that there's the The Temple of the Lizard Men trilogy but this contains it's own monsters and weapons but the maps fits the aestetics that I'm looking for.

To add some things, I'm also looking for Turok-esque maps for Doom (the Turok 1 atmosphere).
Last edited by AtomicLugia on Sat May 12, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Looking for a Unreal-esque megaWAD

Post by Matt »

Deleted my previous post which was posted in a very hasty rush to suggest Temple of the Lizard Men.

Not sure if a decently Unreal-like aesthetic is even possible with Doom monsters. They're more like a medieval illustration of demons, while the Unreal monsters have more of a New Agey (in aesthetic if not mentality) techno-tribal noble-space-savage vibe going on, or a pulp sci-fi alien weirdness that the Doom monsters (besides maybe the archvile) are really lacking in.
AtomicLugia

Re: Looking for a Unreal-esque megaWAD

Post by AtomicLugia »

Like I said, there are alot of mappacks that use the vanilla monsters and weapons but still have a rather non-doomy atmosphere. Let's just say that I'm kinda bored of hell-, doomsday- and space-station-esque maps.

To add some things, I'm also looking for Turok-esque maps for Doom (the Turok 1 atmosphere).
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Looking for a Unreal/Turok-esque megaWAD

Post by JadedLexi »

Epic 2 might be what you're looking for!
The Ultimate DooMer

Re: Looking for a Unreal/Turok-esque megaWAD

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

New World and New World 2 are the closest I know of to outdoor-type Unreal maps. (with vanilla stuff)

Return to “General”