ZDoom, XCode and the indent setting

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kotti

ZDoom, XCode and the indent setting

Post by Kotti »

Every time I have to let CMake regenerate the project it will reset XCode's indent to use spaces instead of tabs, so I have to manually reset it.
Is there any way to tell it to set it to tabs, as is the default for the GZDoom source? Unfortunately the CMake documentation is no help here, as usual - I sometimes wonder how such a complex setup could even be done with these poor docs.
_mental_

Re: ZDoom, XCode and the indent setting

Post by _mental_ »

AFAIK you can do this only by altering generated projects manually or via some script.
Alternatively, you can change Xcode default setting to use tabs instead of spaces in Preferences -> Editing -> Indentation.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Well, this is Apple - and if Apple decides on a certain way, everything else is wrong by default and not properly supported. There's several such things in macOS that could drive me up walls.
I've yet to see a single native XCode project that doesn't suffer from bad code formatting - because XCode makes it very easy to do so.
printz

Post by printz »

Regarding Xcode, you're totally wrong. You can use Xcode to set project and even file specific indentation rules. You can even make it display Chocolate/vanilla Doom's inane indentation correctly, and still only put spaces when indenting new code.

Meanwhile the Visual Studio indenting settings are global or worse, linked to the Microsoft user account.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

This may be more a CMake issue, but nevertheless, I've yet to find a way to set the default for newly created content to something that's not 4 spaces.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Check the second image from this topic.

Return to “General”