ZDoom Community Top Works of All Time

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ZikShadow

Re: ZDoom Community Top Mods of All Time

Post by ZikShadow »

2 - Doom RL Arsenal | Probably played this mod too many times, the tons of weapons with their upgrades and random nature made playing megawads most interesting.
3 - Blade of Agony | A mod that goes above and beyond, truly magnificent Wolfendoom revival.
1 - Guncaster | A dragon that shoots guns and throws magic, what could possibly go wrong?
1 - Trailblazer | Action movie Doom, pretty much.
1 - Terrorists! | Action movie Doom, though with less exaggeration and more grit.
1 - Nazis! | WW2, but in hell? WW2, but in a fantasy world with ancient aliens? WW2, but insert-weird-world-here? Why not?
3 - Untitled's Touhou Doom | I still haven't dropped it. Even when I'm tired of playing the included maps, and the monster wads often lags/froze the engine/cause unnecessary difficulty when put in custom maps, I still can't put it down.
1 - Doom Incarnate | Dual wielding fully upgraded BFG against a slaughterwad? Magnificent bloodbath.
1 - Legendoom | See DRLA, but minus the manual upgradeability.
1 - DoomRPG | Haven't played this as much as DRLA, but still quite a hoot to spice playing mappacks with.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I'm in favour of not allowing self-votes... throws off the numbers too much and every single mod whose author is active on the forums would be subject to an unfair distortion (getting too many points or getting too few if the author may but refuses to self-vote).

A nice clean simple rule to deal with this conflict of interest is best for everyone.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Marrub:
I'm not very skillful in understanding human intentions. Please clarify what your voting is:
1. Serious voting. Then I will accept your points verbatim. It means you are accepting the following consequences:
- Voting for Lithium, made by you: may cause discontent from some forum members.
- Voting for UAC Military Nightmare: some people may ask a question why Community Guide voted for a Terry wad. People who don't happened to know your contributions to the community (like newer forum members) may start question your benevolence. People who see a Terry wad in a top list may start questioning the whole community.
Edit: I cannot accept self-voting because of the new rule. In this case, please rearrange your points.
2. A trial for me. So people can see how I will act.
If it is a trial, I'll ignore the voting. I don't participate in challenges.
3. A sabotage. Maybe you just want to break the system.
In this case I'll just ask: why you don't like the voting? May we make it better with your advice?

If you don't answer, it will require a lot of time for me to solve this mystery.
If your intentions are clear to everyone but me, please sorry. I repeat, I'm very bad at human relations. I wish people could speak more plainly.

Xaser:
- badges:honestly, I don't see why badges seem official when they clearly say "by ZDoom Community". May you suggest a caption that will express the unofficiality of this thing?
- self-votes: see below.
- tie rankings - will do. Right now I don't understand why, but I'll try to research this topic myself later.
Edit: I get it now.

ZikShadow: your voting is accepted. Thank you for voting!

Matt:
I'm making a compromise rule: self-voting is allowed, but only if the voted work is not present in the list, and no more than 1 point per work. So authors may introduce their works to the list without changing the rankings. Will this rule satisfy you or not?

Tally and labels are updated.
Last edited by m8f on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

I think you missed my post on page 3, I don't see my votes on the tally. :P
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

m8f wrote:Marrub:
I'm not very skillful in understanding human intentions. Please clarify what your voting is:
1. Serious voting. Then I will accept your points verbatim. It means you are accepting the following consequences:
- Voting for Lithium, made by you: may cause discontent from some forum members.
- Voting for UAC Military Nightmare: some people may ask a question why Community Guide voted for a Terry wad. People who don't happened to know your contributions to the community (like newer forum members) may start question your benevolence. People who see a Terry wad in a top list may start questioning the whole community.
Edit: I cannot accept self-voting because of the new rule. In this case, please rearrange your points.
2. A trial for me. So people can see how I will act.
If it is a trial, I'll ignore the voting. I don't participate in challenges.
3. A sabotage. Maybe you just want to break the system.
In this case I'll just ask: why you don't like the voting? May we make it better with your advice?

If you don't answer, it will require a lot of time for me to solve this mystery.
If your intentions are clear to everyone but me, please sorry. I repeat, I'm very bad at human relations. I wish people could speak more plainly.
Hahaha, sorry, I was just screwing around. Thought it would be obvious with the vote for UACMN.
Here's an actual list:

5 - Psychic
3 - DoomRL Arsenal
2 - DoomRPG
2 - Error: Doom
1 - Kate's Pokémon Doom
1 - Crossfire
1 - GMOTA
m8f

Post by m8f »

Sumwunn wrote:I think you missed my post on page 3, I don't see my votes on the tally. :P
Oh. Sorry! Missed sowehow. Your vote is added now.
It seems Real Guns Advanced 2 doesn't work on ZDoom, or I'm mistaken. There is no rule about ZDoom compatibility, but may you consider choosing another mod? If you are sure, it would help a lot if you supply a link, as I'm not sure about the current one.

Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

3 - Redux E2M4
3 - Doom 64: Retribution
3 - Waterlab
3 - Void
3 - Winter's Fury
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

m8f wrote:
Sumwunn wrote:I think you missed my post on page 3, I don't see my votes on the tally. :P
Oh. Sorry! Missed sowehow. Your vote is added now.
It seems Real Guns Advanced 2 doesn't work on ZDoom, or I'm mistaken. There is no rule about ZDoom compatibility, but may you consider choosing another mod? If you are sure, it would help a lot if you supply a link, as I'm not sure about the current one.

Alright swap it out for HeXeReTiC Fantasy.

Thanks.
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Ugh.. Can you please take away one point from my vote on The Ghoul's Forest 3 and redistribute it to Playstation Doom TC? I just forgot that mod existed...
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

but only if the voted work is not present in the list, and no more than 1 point per work
This solves more problems than I thought existed. Is good.
Master Medi

Post by Master Medi »

5 - Touhou Doom // I'm not a huge fan of touhou but this was awesome for me, with the OST's was the most fun to play
2 - Hocus Doom // Big fan of hocus pocus and really enjoyed the mod
3 - Doom RPG // I love RPG stuff
2 - Doom RLA // I played RLA with a friend and was pretty fun killing him a couple of times by "accident"
2 - Wrath of Cronos // Again RPG stuff
1 - High Noon Drifter // I had great fun HND and played for a lot of wads

To be honest I enjoy most of the mods I play. But those above are the most I had fun with!
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Can I change my 1 point vote from Samsara to my Megabounce mod?
m8f

Post by m8f »

A tie! And DoomRL Arsenal is the leader by the number of voters.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

I'm replacing the spooky's house of jumpscare point to Hunter's Moon.
m8f

Post by m8f »

All 3 points, or 2?

Return to “General”