List of physics cvars

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Hypersonic

List of physics cvars

Post by Hypersonic »

There's sv_gravity, sv_aircontrol. I don't see sv_friction, sv_accelerate, sv_speed however, maybe they're under a different prefix, not sv_?
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: List of physics cvars

Post by Hellser »

I do not think there is anything relating to "sv_friction" or "sv_accelerate" - let alone, these aren't really "Physics", just the way the player moves. For "sv_speed", what you want is "turbo". turbo 100 is the default player movement speed.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

I'm not really sure what made you think that these types of cvars exist in the first place. Do Source games have something like this?
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Later idSoftware games (Quake series) have these variables, so I was thinking that perhaps this would as well. Well it's the physics of the player. Thanks for pointing out turbo, apparently it increases the top speed. So no equivalents to sv_friction sv_accelerate I presume. sv_aircontrol I suppose is the same as sv_airaccelerate.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This thread has a (relatively) recent dump of all cmds/cvars available in the game in list format. It's not completely up-to-date, but it's still fairly recent.
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Thanks for the link. After looking through the list it looks like there's no way to alter acceleration and friction unfortunately. I suppose bots, fog, and railguns cmds/vars are unsupported.

Return to “General”