Need help for a Project.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Zell

Need help for a Project.

Post by Zell »

Ok, you can either look at this post, or this post at the doom wad station

Me, and a few fellow members, including Bob Larkin, are creating a megawad for...wel...his site "doom wad station". We need a little help, and if you can help, either post at the post above or email me at
zellpot@hotmail.com

What we need:
Graphic artists
MIDI composers
Level Editors(there are only 3 of us currently)
Xaser

Re: Need help for a Project.

Post by Xaser »

Zell wrote: What we need:
MIDI composers
Well, I'm not available for any Map editing (too tied up), and I'm not so good at graphic editing, but about the composing thing, let me ask you this: Is the wad going to be Zdoom only? If so, and if you want it, I can create very, very good MOD format music (S3M to be more specific), but as that only works in Zdoom (AFAIK), then you might not want that.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well, I just comfirmed in another thread that I am doing the music for the project, but I need to know what style the music needs to be, Because It seriously wouldn't make any sense if, say, I were to make Techno-style music for a gothic-themed megawad. ;)
Zell

Post by Zell »

well..hmmm it starts off on a destructed earth (map01..took long time to make :P ) and then later progress into hell. And i think we want this for map01 ( the theme starts off with a destructed earth, then goes inside a UAC building. oh yeah. this is definitly zdoom format. (due to all the scripting, cameras, water, bridges, etc...) so mod or s3m is fine.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

Unless told otherwise, I think we can safely assume anything's going to involve hell and/or UAC buildings.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Zell wrote:well..hmmm it starts off on a destructed earth (map01..took long time to make :P ) and then later progress into hell. And i think we want this for map01 ( the theme starts off with a destructed earth, then goes inside a UAC building. oh yeah. this is definitly zdoom format. (due to all the scripting, cameras, water, bridges, etc...) so mod or s3m is fine.
Cool! I've got just the thing! However, what would be kinda convinient would be a list that has all the map numbers and a short description, so I can make a song that fits each individual level's theme.
Zell

Post by Zell »

ok, we dont have all the maps done, but here is it so far
1 - Uac - whole way through. Includes an awesome intro ^_^
3 - In somewhat of a spaceship. Has a futruristic feeling to it.
10 - Hell. Literally. Lots of marble textures and blood and fun and hell.
Havent got to play the other ones yet.
BTW love ur new avatar ^_^
(i need a new one by now...

Return to “General”