[TUTORIAL] Compiling latest GZDOOM on RaspberryPi1 (or Zero)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Aeyesx

[TUTORIAL] Compiling latest GZDOOM on RaspberryPi1 (or Zero)

Post by Aeyesx »

Hey,

This is a draft, i am lazy to format it better so its just plain straightforward, reguires thinking
I was wondering if there is a way, and yes there is. So I decided to write this so I don't forget either.
First, follow this instructions https://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux ,but ignore the FMOD related stuff.

1) Install dependencies, you MUST have up-to-date raspbian.
2) Get the source
3) inside the source folder in src/Cmakelist.txt (something like that)... do search for "arm" and there is a whole block of code for ARM, remove it as it is forcing ARMv7 instead of ARMv6 (You would get SIGKILL).
4) Compile it using the bunch of commands from wiki but you MUST add this

Code: Select all

-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:="-DNO_SSE"
5) Enable OpenGL driver by adding this into /boot/config.txt

dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-128
6) Modify /boot/cmdline.txt by adding those parameters

coherent_pool=6M smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N
[Optional]
!!! This is at you're own risk, I take absolutely no responsibility, overclocking (overvoltage) may damage or kill hardware !!!
7) Overlock the raspberry-pi for extra performance in raspi-config (does not really apply for zero as it already runs in turbo i think)
8) overclock GPU by adding this in this into /boot/config.txt (they may not run for you, but they are pretty stable)

core_freq=550
v3d_freq=500
h264_freq=500
[REGUIRED]
9) Because some sound issues execute the binary with sound disabled ./gzdoom -nosound

Return to “General”