Scaling objects on the map (am_cheat 2)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Hypersonic

Scaling objects on the map (am_cheat 2)

Post by Hypersonic »

am_cheat 2 is awesome, while showing objects as rotating sprites. However some objects are just too large, obscuring things just to the north of them, such as the pillars in Heretic (i.e. can't see blue key in e5m1 due to pillars.)

Somethings I like the large size of, such as the player and keys, large so that I can easily spot them. However for most other objects it would be nice to not take up a larger footprint than they do in the 3D world. Not only smaller, but offset so they are centered on their position, currently the bottom is placed on their position. Granted you won't see their full detail unless you zoom in, but at least they don't obscure other objects.

Some examples in Heretic: serpent torches, hanging skulls, hanging corpses, statues, columns, chandeliers, slime stalactites all take excessive area on the map. Monsters take alot of area as well but that's not a big deal, they're easier to spot this way, but it would be nice if their corpses didn't take up alot of area though.
Hypersonic

Re: Scaling objects on the map (am_cheat 2)

Post by Hypersonic »

Another thing that could be done is draw order. 'Background' items drawn first, such as corpses, pillars, basically stuff you can't pickup, then the rest. It took forever trying to find the last item for 100% item count
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5yvQU0R4c

Return to “General”