Projectile Accuracy 100%

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
gunman0

Projectile Accuracy 100%

Post by gunman0 »

Look wot I just did I'm so proud of myself it took me hours but finally I did it.

Monsters will now shoot with 100% accuracy at moving targets unless some random offsets are used look at this now I'm currently making this work with Brutal Doom mod and its awesome no longer will players be able to strafe spam out the way

vimeo(dot)com/user78968752

One video with chaingunner and fireballz it truely will give a challenge to the player!
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Projectile Accuracy 100%

Post by ramon.dexter »

When you want to paste a link, use the "url" tags...(meaning that you should correct this...)
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

When you sense a shot coming instead of continuing to strafe in a certain direction you'd just change the strafe direction, causing the shot to be way off. Perhaps their shots could be mixed up, randomly select between

-shooting directly at the target
-shooting for an intercept course that assumes the target's velocity vector doesn't change.
-(advanced: shoot for an intercept course that assumes the target's velocity will soon reverse)

I'd think this would be more interesting than re-spawning and faster monsters. Heretic's highest difficulty setting has projectiles travel at 3x speed to make up for the fact that monsters just shoot at your current position.
gunman0

Post by gunman0 »

Good idea it will add some harrassment for the player thats why I love this game so much so many things can be done I actually prefer this engine to Doom3 & 4 lots of fun wads out there
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Funny thing is that I get hit more when I'm cloaked because their shots are unpredictable!
Marchew1200

Post by Marchew1200 »

Hello, gunman0. Would you mind sending me the script that you wrote to achieve this? Thanks in advance. I really want to know how did you managed to make monsters shoot so accurately. I'm trying to do it as well using ProjectileIntercept but this is as far as I could get: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJASKu ... roductions

Return to “General”