favorite combination of gameplay mods.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
cortlong50

favorite combination of gameplay mods.

Post by cortlong50 »

whats your favorite combo of gameplay mods? or what combo do you run the most?

right now im running weapons of saturn with smooth doom and droplets...and i gotta say, its like doom2 the way doom shouldve done it.
only complaint is weapons of saturn is basically reload simulator. but the guns just feel damn good.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: favorite combination of gameplay mods.

Post by Caligari87 »

My favorite mod is Hideous Destructor, and I've put together a very nice little set of mods/mutators that enhance Doom into a terrifying action-survival-horror experience par excellence. Example video in spoiler.
Spoiler:
Many of the mods contain some minor personal tweaks, but nothing major. I usually play on randomly-generated Oblige levels for challenge and variety, and try to limit myself to one-life/permadeath runs (roguelike-style).

8-)
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

you run rogue-like with hideous destructor!? are you even trying to have fun!? you animal.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Paging /r/madlads, it's actually pretty fun and challenging! Plus generating a new set of small maps is easy with Oblige. Puts the tension and investment through the roof.
Spoiler:
8-)

Return to “General”