Hell To Pay's MAP14 issues

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
JohnnyTheWolf

Hell To Pay's MAP14 issues

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am currently playing Hell To Pay on GZDoom 3.2.1 and I have made it to MAP14, where to my surprise I ended up encountering invincible translucent Imps. At first, I thought this was an issue with Smooth Doom, as it caused a similar issue in regard to the Spectre and the optional ability to gib it with the Supershotgun. However, even without any mod, those invincible translucent Imps still show up. Also, unlike the Smooth Doom issue I was referring to, those Imps can clip through walls and do count in the mission total score.

Now, I do not think Tom Mustaine hangs out on these forums, but does anyone know what this is all about? Is that an intentional design decision? If not, how do I fix this issue?
Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Re: Invincible Imps on Hell To Pay's MAP14

Post by Blue Shadow »

Those are called "ghost monsters".
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Hell To Pay's MAP14 issues

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Ah, I see. Thank you. So the only way to prevent their creation is to kill the Archvile before it gets the chance to respawn crushed enemies?

And while we are on the subject of Hell To Pay's MAP14, does anyone know how to get the two secrets? I tried noclipping through the level, to no avail.
illusion

Post by illusion »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjoEp5gRVY

A splash hit on the wall should do the trick. Have you activated the full map cheat to see where the secrets can be found?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I did, but I cannot see any secret areas that I could have missed.

Return to “General”