P.Brutality Massive Lag Spikes (Solved)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
MrToots

P.Brutality Massive Lag Spikes (Solved)

Post by MrToots »

I apologize if i should be asking elsewhere, but if anyone can help i'd be really grateful

I am running into very massive lag spikes while playing Project Brutality
I have tried to turn various settings down but nothing changes
I don't think it's my computer I have a 1070ti card with an i5 processor and 8 gigs of ram

is there any specific setting i should be focusing on, i've turned down the blood, turned on both janitors, turned on opengl, lowered my resolution
could it be GZdoom, i tried updating it from 3.1 to 3.2 and that didn't change anything
Last edited by MrToots on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: P.Brutality Massive Lag Spikes

Post by wildweasel »

You may be disappointed in the answer: it's the mod's fault. Mods of the Brutal persuasion do an awful lot of, to put it bluntly, "actor smashing." There is a LOT going on with the sheer number of actors for effects, blood sprays, script checks, and things just not being properly removed that it bogs down the game quite a lot. I don't really know what to suggest.
MrToots

Re: P.Brutality Massive Lag Spikes

Post by MrToots »

Yeah, I Assumed as much
But I have good news, it was my computer after all, or atleast my graphics card, i just updated my Geforce Drivers and now it's running as smooth as it should XD

Return to “General”