A list of weapons-only mods?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

A list of weapons-only mods?

Post by Nems »

So I'm a sucker for weapons-only mods that I can mix and match with monsters-only mods (especially Colorful Hell). I want to add more weapons-only mods to my mod library so I thought I'd ask the ZDoom community for more that I might have missed or forgot about. Right now I've got the following downloaded:

-Trailblazer
-High Noon Drifter
-Weapons of Saturn
-NecroDoom

Bonus points (but not required by any means) if said weapon mods have reloading. I'm a sucker for reloading. :P

Thanks in advance. :D
PooshhMao

Re: A list of weapons-only mods?

Post by PooshhMao »

Hoo boy, where to start.

I'd like to recommend The Trooper. It works great with monster add-ons, ketchup and the like. I consider it 'Russian Overkill Lite' - it makes vanilla maps a bit easy, but not trivial, and many of the weapons have a satisfying kick to them. The reloading/ammo switching system is a bit weird, and hard to get used to, especially if you play other mods.

Another great one is Metroid Dreadnought. The weapons have been replacement by various beam types, all of which have a regular and charged-up shot. You can fire missiles at will too.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

There is also DoomRLA, which contains about a one hundred plus weapons into the game, every playthrough is different and your gameplay styles should match the class that you choose, the Monster addon is optional luckily. Heretical Doom is kinda like Brutal Heretic but without much of the 'brutalized' effects and so on, it also includes a reloading system but with a 'charge' like style into it. It's even compatible with monsters too.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Demon Steele (this is golden)
Super Chicken (...)
Heretical Doom (this one is recent)
Netronian Chaos (also recent, curretn version features only weapons but will have monsters in the future)
Psychic
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

weapons of saturn is my go to right now.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Final Doomer.
It's also a Weapons-only mod.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

lwks wrote:Demon Steele (this is golden)
Uhh, Demonsteele replaces monsters too.

Return to “General”