DOOM(2016) Maps?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Snowsight515

DOOM(2016) Maps?

Post by Snowsight515 »

After playing Death Foretold (or D4Tv21.pk3, if that's more recognizable), me and my friend became aware of how the differences in movement systems between the original DOOM and the reboot make the level design incompatible. DOOM(2016) relies much more on open maps with plenty of room to jump around, circle-strafe, etc, which the original maps (which rely largely on tight corridors with very few open areas) do not lend themselves to easily.

That said, Death Foretold is not at all a bad mod. Just one that needs the right map pack to truly bring out it's full potential.

This in mind, I've come here to ask; Are there any map packs which recreate the DOOM(2016) levels as closely as possible in ZDoom? My friend (who is much more familiar with ZD) wasn't sure, and I'm hopeful one of you could help me out here. Even if you can't, though, thank you for your time.
Jaxxoon R

Re: DOOM(2016) Maps?

Post by Jaxxoon R »

The only one I've been able to find so far is a remake of the multiplayer map Heatwave.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=56018&p=991323&hilit=D4T#p991323

Return to “General”