Shoot Rockets Mod?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
MrToots

Shoot Rockets Mod?

Post by MrToots »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a mod that allows you to shoot enemy projectiles before they hit you, particularly Revenant rockets

Edit: to anyone who stumbles across this in the future I'll post here what I did to make this work as I feel there is no reason to bump this indentured

Take any projectile or your choice, let's go with an imp fireball as an example

SDoomImpBall : DoomImpBall replaces DoomImpBall
{
Health 10
+SHOOTABLE
-NOBLOCKMAP
+ISMONSTER
}

This works for all projectiles except the mancubus fatshot, so you have to given the minibus some kind of species that and give the catsuit replacement the same tag and a +THRUSPECIES

now I understand it's not something a lot of people will care to use but maybe it'll help somebody
Last edited by MrToots on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clay

Re: Shoot Rockets Mod?

Post by Clay »

Not entirely sure if this correct but you would have to modify/replace the missiles that each monster "shoots". Add a +SHOOTABLE flag and low health.
But I haven't tried to do this. I think maybe Nigh Noon Drifter allowed you to whip projectiles. So you could look at how it was done in that mod.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

It should be. Dehacked would've allowed this (though when I tried some several generations back I think it would crash doom.exe)
MrToots

Post by MrToots »

SomeOtherDoomGuy wrote:Not entirely sure if this correct but you would have to modify/replace the missiles that each monster "shoots". Add a +SHOOTABLE flag and low health.
But I haven't tried to do this. I think maybe Nigh Noon Drifter allowed you to whip projectiles. So you could look at how it was done in that mod.
i do remember the HND whip, i'll take a look at it see if i can work with that, thanks

Return to “General”