Doom-Touch Help how to use software render??

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
DutchDoomGuy

Doom-Touch Help how to use software render??

Post by DutchDoomGuy »

Hey guys

Im having an issue with android version of gzdoom
On doom touch i cannot get it to use software rendering
Because when i do vid_renderer 0 it asked me to restart but when i restart it Just boots up regular doom 2 not my mods or levels i want to use with it but if i close the game and boot it back up with my mods and levels it back to OpenGL i can only get rendering to work with Just regular doom 2 no mods no levels rly weird how do i make it so Its always in software??
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Doom-Touch Help how to use software render??

Post by Rachael »

First of all, use proper sentences. >_< That was extremely painful to read. Use Google Translate if you need to.

Secondly, running D-Touch in Software mode is very much not advised unless you have a VERY beefy CPU. Is there a particular reason you need to do this?
Voros

Post by Voros »

Fun fact: D-Touch's GZDoom doesn't have a software renderer, as I already said on DW.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Well - there you have it. And there's probably a very good reason for that.

ARM architecture just isn't as well suited for Doom's software renderer these days, especially ZDoom's much more complicated version of it. And plus it benefits from absolutely no optimizations on ZDoom's part since most of those were done directly in Assembly.
DutchDoomGuy

Post by DutchDoomGuy »

Thats weird because Zdoom runs perfect on the Raspberry pi 3 which has arm cortex a53 and thats in software mode. OpenGL doesnt work there...

But thanks :)
Voros

Post by Voros »

Rachael wrote:Well - there you have it. And there's probably a very good reason for that.
IIRC, it's because the software renderer used some Build code and other things that probably would have stopped beloko from selling D-Touch. He removed a number of of other things too.

Hopefully the GZDoom, and all the other ports, for Delta Touch won't be like that, given how it went full GPL a few months back IIRC.

Return to “General”