What's with the voxels?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Trusty McLegit

Re: What's with the voxels?

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Proof voxel animated characters can look really good: http://www.moddb.com/mods/solace-dreams ... lacedreams
The enemies look pretty good, but if you go into 3rd person mode the main character looks fantastic (I realize it must have been 3d model/animation converted to voxels, but my point remains)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

And that's likely the best way to go for ease of creation. Animating a voxel enemy by hand is, in my mind, one of the most tedious and horrendous things you could subject yourself to, but building/animating in 3D and converting to voxels seems reasonable.

Video of the mod for anyone (like me) who hasn't seen it yet. REALLY impressive.

8-)
kodi

Post by kodi »

Holy shit, I've never heard of that mod.
Xane123
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Xane123 »

How do yo turn a model into a voxel model while keeping the colors of the textures, though? (MagicaVoxel gets rid of them upon importing.)
Still, that mod looks awesome!
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I'd assume that there are various plugins for common 3d modelling applications that handle this. I even wrote a model-to-voxel converter myself long ago, albeit for Unity.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Caligari87 wrote:And that's likely the best way to go for ease of creation. Animating a voxel enemy by hand is, in my mind, one of the most tedious and horrendous things you could subject yourself to, but building/animating in 3D and converting to voxels seems reasonable.

Video of the mod for anyone (like me) who hasn't seen it yet. REALLY impressive.

8-)
Holy FUCK that is amazing, why isn't there a forum thread for this??!?!?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

It's the sequel to Rootpain, which probably explains a lot.

Return to “General”