ZDoom spanish translation project.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

ZDoom spanish translation project.

Post by Koto »

Hello people.

I present this project that I started on the basis that there is not even an official translation for the port. In addition to optimizing my work in my current projects (Pinochestein 1 & 2).
Obviously the idea is that anyone who wants to create their mods, have available the translation for this language, in addition to the rest that supports ZDoom-based ports.

The LANGUAGE file is available at the following link, and it's updated to the latest stable version of GZDoom (3.1.0).

https://pastebin.com/tnrFeduu

However, its implementation is not entirely optimal due to the following:
- Graphics are needed for Hispanic characters such as the "ñ" letter, accents, and initial signs of interrogation and exclamation mainly.

-This file is made thinking that at some point you can modify certain elements corresponding to identify the player gender. In this case, the %h command is originally used to display "He", "She", or "It" depending on the gender specified in the player setup. If that time comes, it should be able to be edited as "a" or "o". Example: if a LANGUAGE variable says "¿Estás segur%h?" ("are you sure?"), Depending on the genre it should be displayed as "¿estás seguro?" In the case that the player is a man or other, and like "¿estás segura?" In the case of being a woman.
So any help I receive is welcome. As for the second point, it can be replaced by masculine adjectives in the meantime.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: ZDoom spanish translation project.

Post by Rachael »

You might be interested in the work Kveller has already done on it.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/9 ... ra-gzdoom/

I've wanted to make this official but I can't because apparently, from what I understand and if I remember correctly, his changes went well beyond the LANGUAGE lump in order to really properly support it.
Koto
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ZDoom spanish translation project.

Post by Koto »

Thanks, I was reviewing the lumps and fixed some text lines. I fully understand why the Kveller translation can not be implemented.
The main difference between my version and the other is that my translation in the case of Doom level names, pickups and monsters are based on the official translations from the latest Doom game content, I can also add that my translation work is a bit more neutral and that I have eliminated many lines of text because there is no point translating them.

As I said before, it is only necessary to see that there are the characters necessary for its early implementation and replace the %h code for masculine adjectives.

Return to “General”