Standalone mods for smoothly animated liquid texture flats?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
4thcharacter

Standalone mods for smoothly animated liquid texture flats?

Post by 4thcharacter »

IIRC there was a mod that only makes the animated liquid flats look smooth and of a higher quality, but I can't seem to find any. Anyone know of a mod that fits the bill?
ReX

Re: Standalone mods for smoothly animated liquid texture fla

Post by ReX »

Paranoiac uses a 256 * 256 graphic and applied a warp2 animated effect. But, perhaps, you are looking for a hi-def version of FWATER, rather than a brand new graphic
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

ReX wrote:Paranoiac uses a 256 * 256 graphic and applied a warp2 animated effect. But, perhaps, you are looking for a hi-def version of FWATER, rather than a brand new graphic

I'm looking for good version of original FWATER and the like. Still I would take a look into Paranoiac.
ReX

Post by ReX »

4thcharacter wrote:I'm looking for good version of original FWATER and the like. Still I would take a look into Paranoiac.
Rather than you having to download the entire 70+ MB file for just one graphic & ANIMDEFS definition, I'll post them here tomorrow. (I'm using my phone at the moment.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Was this what you were looking for?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Rachael wrote:Was this what you were looking for?

I'm looking for something like that! Thanks.
ReX wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:I'm looking for good version of original FWATER and the like. Still I would take a look into Paranoiac.
Rather than you having to download the entire 70+ MB file for just one graphic & ANIMDEFS definition, I'll post them here tomorrow. (I'm using my phone at the moment.)
I think I'll be okay with the wad Rachel provided, but thanks anyway.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

I believe I once saw a mod that just smoothed the animations out, rather than adding a wavey effect to hide the low frame count. Like how Doom64's liquid flats were essentially just Doom's but with more frames (maybe it was aplied in real-time to save texture memory, but it was a smoother version of the same effect Doom had). The mod in question also did the liquid falls textures, IIRC.
Outtagum

Post by Outtagum »

A mod that replaced the liquids with the Doom64 equivalents would be cool - especially if it didn't cause any compatibility issues (such as with Eternal).

I do vaguely remember seeing a rough version of such a thing a couple of years ago on this forum...

Return to “General”